Here's a favorite family recipe that makes broccoli DELICIOUS, even if there's someone you're serving who doesn't usually love broccoli. It's easy, flavorful, goes with any entree, and is even better the next day or the day after that. Try it and see ... you'll keep it right up front in your go-to "delicious vegetables" file!
1 head fresh broccoli (tight, bright green florets and crisp, snappy stems)
1 medium yellow onion, sliced4, 5 or 6 minced garlic cloves (if you love garlic, add more!)
2 tsps good olive oil
⅓ cup mayonnaise, home made or from a jar
1 TBS Pura Vida! Famous Original Recipe, or to taste
sea salt to taste
- Wash and cut broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- In a large (preferably iron) wok or skillet, heat the oil until hot.
- Add the onion and broccoli
- Stir and sauté for 2 or 3 minutes, until onion softens slightly.
- Add the garlic and sauté another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Cover and lower heat to medium high. Cook for another 4 or 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. You don't want it to burn, but it should cook quickly, so the broccoli and onions are done but not soggy, with crispy, browned edges. If the garlic pieces are browned and crunchy, that's perfect.
- Before serving, mix the mayo and Pura Vida Sauce and stir into the pan, mixing well but gently. Add salt to taste, and enjoy!